Not kidding. This recipe takes 5 minutes to make, and it gets raves every time I make it. It is so yummy and healthy, too. It’s my go-to recipe for pot-lucks – and everyone wants the recipe once they give it a taste. Basically, you throw all the ingredients into a food processor except the olive oil, then drizzle that in while it’s running. Easy peasy.
I like to see flecks of the fresh basil, so I don’t process it very long at all. But if you like yours completely smooth, go ahead and process away!
Send me your questions and comments. I want to hear from you!
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini (or white kidney) beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 to 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, combine beans, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper and pulse until chopped. Add basil and pulse a few more times. Add olive oil in a stream while processor is running. Process until smooth and flecks of basil are visible.